So, after reading the material how much do you think that you have learned about food hygiene?
Below you will find a food hygiene exam. The exam covers most of the course material. Why not test your knowledge and by doing so feel confident that you are proficient in the subject of Food Hygiene And Safety.
The exam is not easy. The questions will challenge your knowledge. If you like I challenge I think that you will get a lot of fun from taking this test. All the information you need to answer the questions is on the blog.
After completing the test you can send me the test for review via the e-mail page. I will grade your test and give you your result within five working days.
Here Is the exam: Good Luck!
Food Hygiene Exam
1. At what temperature must cooked food be kept until serving?
2. Name six types of bacteria that contaminate food, state their sources and state the three conditions for bacteria to grow.
3. In you own words briefly explain the eight stages of “From Farm To Fork”.
4. In your own words explain how you would minimise the risks of cross contamination in a small restaurant kitchen.
5. Explain why seafood is considered high risk for food poisoning.
6. What are moulds and why do they present a danger to health?
7. In your own words explain the four golden rules of food hygiene.
8. Explain why the body of a slaughtered animal must be chilled in a wind tunnel after slaughter.
9. Explain what factors can cause harmful bacteria to be present in vegetables.
10. Give a detailed explanation of what information should be on the wrapping of all foods.
11. State eight of the ten principles of correct food storage.
12. Explain the primary causes of water contamination in the commercial kitchen and the causes of contamination of water supply.
13. Give six examples of when a food worker must not work with food.
14. How must a food worker prepare himself for work and what standards of personal hygiene must be maintained?
15. Name as many tasks that you can think of which food workers must never undertake.
16. Explain why poultry and pork must be fully cooked.
17. Explain the conditions for using industrial cleaners in a commercial kitchen and explain how they must be safely stored.
18. Name five accepted methods of food preservation.
19. Name five common foods that can cause food allergies.
20. Explain how to store food correctly in a fridge.